Monday, November 14, 2011

Deviled Eggs, Anyone?

I remember having deviled eggs for all special occasions when I was little. They were simply boiled eggs with the yolk taken out and mashed with Miracle Whip and spooned back into the halved white. Sometimes with Paprika sprinkled on top, sometimes not. Anyone with me here? I remember them at Easter Sunday dinner and then I have carried them over to other holidays also. I will be making them for Thanksgiving this year.

I also have found some Cranberry relish that I like from Kroger. It has walnuts and orange peel in it and any leftover makes a really great filling for cookies. I bet it would even taste good mixed in shortbread cookie dough!

I am also going to make some snacking mixes-I have found some Chex mix flavors I would like to try and some spiced nuts and mixes with cereals, nuts, candy, dried fruits, pretzels, granola, etc. mixed in and drizzled with either white chocolate, caramel, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, etc.

What new recipes do you depend on or are trying new this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment