Thursday, May 10, 2012

New recipe! New recipe!

I have loved cod (and fish/seaood in general) for a long time. I have been trying to get the family to eat lighter and better. Here is a Taste of Home recipe that we tried and I love, love, love! this fish! I fell in love with cod, or whatever it was, at the hospital when I had my children. This is a very similar version. Copied from Taste of Home's website, sent in by Harriet Stichter of Milford (not far from here!) in Indiana! We had this with boiled red potatoes and broccoli-ENJOY!

                                                                HERB-COATED COD

Preheat oven temperature at 400*

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound cod fillets, thawed, if frozen

1/4 cup butter, melted

2/3 cup crushed butter flavored crackers (I used Ritz)

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon dried basil

1/4 reaspoon garlic powder


DIRECTIONS:


Melt butter in a bowl that the fish fillets can fit in (microwave) or melt it first and put it in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Dip fillets in butter, then coat with seasoned cracker crumbs.

Place on a greased rimmed baking sheet or in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400* for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

I found I needed to bake it longer-sometimes up to double the 20 minutes.

I know, cod is expensive. Buy it anyway and treat your family. Fish is not really a favorite with the men in my household, but even the kids like this one. Make it. Bring out the good dishes. Light some candles on the table. Bring out stemware-you know they sell it at DollarTree and Dollar General-the kind like the restaurants use for water. For a dollar. They make children and adults alike feel special when they see and use them. Make them feel special because they are. Every day is a gift-treat it accordingly. Life passes so quickly and no one told us we couldn't try and make each and every day a memory. Especially at dinner. At the table. With everyone accounted for and present. Say grace and thank Him for all of your blessings. If you can't come up with some, send me a comment. I have so many I would like to share with you....






No comments:

Post a Comment